videō barbam et pallium: philosophum nōndum videō.___Aulus Gellius, Attic Nights,10.2.1
1. Know how to identify an "Ablative Absolute".
2. Learn how to form and translate an "Ablative Absolute".
3. Know how to identify and translate a "Negative Indirect Command".
4. Know how to identify and translate a "Negative Purpose Clause". (lest)
5. Understand the pervasiveness and importance of the "patronage
system" in ancient Rome.
6. Know about how the city of Rome developed and about the river port
by the Tiber Island.
Handouts and Worksheets