Carpe diem quam minimum crēdula posterō. _____ Horace, Odes, i. xi, 8
1. What is the usual word order in a Latin sentence?
2. What does the word "est" mean?
3. What word order occurs when the verb is "est"?
4. What are the 3 ways that the Present Tense is translated in Latin?
5. Where was Pompeii situated?
6. Who was Eumachia?
7. What are the different parts of Caecilius' name?
8. What is a "lararium"?
9. What are the main rooms in a wealthy man's house?
10. What is an "insula"?
Handouts and Worksheets
Review and Memorize
( * extra credit - required)
Project (extra credit)